Eli Lilly Asian Network (ELAN) is an employee-led resource group established in 2001 that connects Lilly employees who share common backgrounds and experiences. The group meets on a regular basis and hosts educational and networking events open to all employees.
To view the Eli Lilly Asian Network photo gallery, click here.
- Provide career development, mentoring and networking opportunities for its members
- Develop and leverage the strength of the Asian community to enhance the culture and success of Lilly
- Encourage employee advocacy through community outreach, recruiting and retention, and educational activities
- Serve as a bridge to unify other Asian resource groups at Lilly – including the Chinese Culture Network (CCN) and Lilly India Network (LIN)
Events & Initiatives
- Special events: Annual internal events to recognize Asian employees who are successful in their roles at Lilly and to recognize their contributions in the community.
- Networking: ELAN’s networking activities include lunch seminars, orientation and mentoring for new employees, celebration of major cultural holidays and hosting visitors from Asia.
- Recruiting: Lilly maintains a significant campus recruiting initiative at many of the country’s top colleges and universities with high enrollment of diverse populations and has a presence at the Boston Career Forum, the world’s largest Japanese-English bilingual job fair.
Actively Supporting the Asian Community
Lilly’s support of Asian American individuals extends beyond the company’s walls into the community through support of organizations and participation in events and programs. Some of those initiatives and activities include:
- Partnership with the Asian American Alliance, Inc. of Indiana to help Asian Americans serve and lead in their communities
- Diabetes educational seminars conducted at Uwajimaya stores, an Asian specialty grocer
- Partnerships with the American Diabetes Association and International Community Health Services
- Asian American focused advertising through minority publications, as well as large distributions of educational materials and information to Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders organizations and groups.
Please use the Previous and Next buttons to scroll through the gallery.