Since 2006, The Human Rights Campaign Foundation has affirmed Lilly’s approach to diversity by giving the company a perfect 100 percent ranking in its Corporate Equality Index for the protection of and support for benefits for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) employees.
LGBT employees are an important part of Lilly’s work and culture as they help us better understand our diverse patient population. Diverse thought and experiences create a more inclusive workplace and foster innovative approaches to improving patient outcomes and enhancing business success in our rapidly changing environment.
We offer a competitive benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, relocation support, retirement options and more, and is available to unmarried domestic partners, including same-sex partners, who have shared residency for at least six months. This includes time off for family illnesses and bereavement leave. We also offer transgender health benefits. We also offer tools and training for employees and supervisors to address LGBT workplace issues.
PRIDE: People Respecting Individual Differences Equally
PRIDE connects Lilly employees who share common backgrounds and experiences. More than 300 employees are members of PRIDE. The group meets on a regular basis and hosts educational and networking events open to all employees.
To view the PRIDE photo gallery, click here.
- Ensure that all LGBT employees are treated with respect and can perform their jobs without fear of harassment, discrimination or unfair treatment.
- Ensure that all LGBT employees have equal opportunities for promotion and career advancement at Lilly.
- Serve as a support network for LGBT employees at Lilly.
- Achieve equality of benefits for gay and lesbian employees by having Lilly recognize domestic partners as being equal to married partners.
- Help Lilly be identified as a top-tier company recognized for valuing and managing diversity.
Active Support of the LGBT Community
Our support of LGBT individuals extends beyond the company’s walls into the community through support of and participation in events and programs. Some include:
- Participation in the formation of Freedom Indiana, a bipartisan statewide alliance in opposition of the ban on same-sex marriages and civil unions along with posing challenges to the extension of domestic partner benefits in Indiana.
- Corporate sponsorship of the Out & Equal Workplace Advocates Conference, and sponsorship of employee participation in the conference.
- Financial support for Indiana Equality, Lambda Legal’s annual Indiana Benefit Dinner and the Anti-Defamation League.
- PRIDE support of the Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG).
- PRIDE participation in the annual Indy PRIDE Community Festival.
- Support of Indiana Youth Group, an organization that provides a safe, confidential environment, youth development programs and support services that foster personal strength and wellness among self-identified LGBT young people and questioning youth.
Please use the Previous and Next buttons to scroll through the gallery.