In today’s job market, experience will most likely give you the edge. But the question is, how do you get that experience when you’re just starting out? Enter Lilly’s Internship Program — step one in building your resume with experience that’s real-world and hands-on.
Most internships are located at our corporate headquarters in Indianapolis and last 10 to 12 weeks from May until September. We seek top performers – those who can uphold the Lilly values and exemplify our global standards of leadership. Then we match you with projects based on our business needs and your skills and interests.
As a Lilly intern, you’ll be working on meaningful projects at one of the world's top pharmaceutical companies. You’ll meet and interact with Lilly executives. You’ll receive competitive pay and free parking at your work site. If your position requires you to move, you may also receive help with your housing and your transportation costs.
Lilly recruits many of our interns during visits to our academic partners. We visit these campuses seeking to identify and attract top talent to fill our business needs.
We register for campus interviews through the career offices of our partner institutions. During our visits to these campuses we may conduct interviews in several different academic disciplines. Check the recruiting event schedule at your career office to learn if we will be visiting your campus.
We also attend the following Association Meetings of Professional Organizations to identify top students who are interested in the pharmaceutical industry.
- American Society of Health System Pharmacists
- Black Data Processing Associates
- Boston Career Forum
- Consortium for Graduate Studies in Management
- Forte Foundation
- Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities
- National Association of Asian MBAs
- National Association of Black Accountants
- National Black MBAs
- National Society of Hispanic MBAs
- National Society of Black Engineers
- National Organization for the Professional Advancement of Black Chemists & Chemical Engineers
- Reaching Out
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
- Society of Women Engineers
- Thurgood Marshall College Fund Leadership Institute
If we do not fill our internships during campus visits, we may post them on this site. If you find that we are not visiting your campus, check for open campus positions by clicking the Search Jobs link in the Careers Search box. If you do not find an internship position posted, there are no open positions at this time.
We begin our search for campus talent in the fall and conclude our search in the spring or sooner if we fill our intern class.
We offer opportunities for both graduate and undergraduate students with outstanding academic records and/or work experience in:
- Engineering/Manufacturing Operations
- Human Resources
- Information Technology/Computer Science
- Sales - Pharmaceutical and Food/Companion Animal
- Animal Science
- International MBA
Be connected. Be inspired. Be a catalyst.