Lilly's Postdoctoral Fellowship Program provides the opportunity for a PhD, MD or equivalent to gain and expand scientific expertise while working under the direct supervision of a senior Lilly scientist. The Postdoctoral Fellowship Program provides valuable training to prepare each fellow to accept opportunities in academia or industry upon completion of the Lilly Fellowship.
During the two-year training period, Lilly provides each fellow the opportunity to participate and complete research project(s) that encompass exploratory research, new technologies and/or novel methods to advance research and development related to the strategic interests of Lilly Research Laboratories. We strive to produce work that is worthy of publication in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
A mentor is assigned to each fellow to assist in the training and coaching of each project and initiative in which the fellow participates. State-of-the-art facilities and a strong scientific environment provide the fellow with the resources necessary to complete the given assignment. Lilly also supports and encourages attendance at scientific meetings throughout the year to help further development.
Expectations of the Postdoctoral Fellow
Students selected for Lilly's Postdoctoral Fellow program are expected to:
- Provide a good faith effort to accomplish the scientific objectives agreed upon when hired
- Provide scientific influence within the laboratory and department via discussion and sharing of technical knowledge and experiences
- Present at various scientific seminars within Lilly Research Laboratories on work performed at Lilly
- Write and submit at least one scientific paper to a peer-reviewed, high-quality journal during Lilly tenure
- Present at least one abstract at a national/international scientific meeting
Terms of Appointment
The initial Postdoctoral Fellow appointment is two years. After successful completion of the first year, the second year is automatically approved unless otherwise agreed upon with your mentor.
Extensions for third or fourth year fellowships require special approval and will be determined on an individual basis.
To search for open Postdoctoral Fellow positions, follow the instructions below:
- Click on Careers Search in the menu on the top right side of the screen
- Select Post Doctorate under Job Type
- Click the Search button
*Note: Postdoctoral Fellow positions are available periodically throughout the year. Please check back later if you are unable to locate any.
Be connected. Be inspired. Be a catalyst.