Methods of Payment
Lilly issues payments on a weekly basis. All invoices which have reached their payment term maturity will be accumulated and paid in the next weekly payment via electronic payment or U.S. dollar check.
For immediate receipt of payment, we encourage all suppliers to select the electronic payment method. This eliminates payment receipt delays and checks being lost or stolen.
- Remittance advices are sent directly from Lilly’s bank to the vendor e-mail or fax included in the supplier’s master record. To avoid email remittance advices being stopped as SPAM, we recommend your IT department do the following:
- Accept email coming from email@example.com
- Whitelist the following IP addresses:
- Suppliers can also view the remittance advice through the web invoicing system.
- For U.S. bank accounts, Lilly utilizes CCD ACH with remittance available via our on-line web portal (Direct Commerce) and e-mail or fax.
- Suppliers located outside the U.S. will be paid by wire transfer. All business with a Lilly affiliate should be in the same currency.
Existing Suppliers – How To Enroll in Electronic Payments
- Complete the Electronic Payment Enrollment Form (open in Chrome or download before opening, if using Internet Explorer; otherwise, error occurs) and return according to instructions on the form.
- Read the Lilly Accounts Payable Privacy Statement.
U.S. Dollar Check
If you do not choose to provide banking information, you will be paid by U.S. dollar check. This check will be mailed via first class U.S. mail or air mail. We will NOT mail any checks for overnight delivery.
If your check is not received within 2 weeks (for checks mailed within the U.S.) or 3 weeks (for checks mailed outside the U.S.), please complete the Stop Void Check Request Form. Email the completed form to P2P_Answer_Center@Lilly.com.